Hi there, last year I was searching for a traveling router on Amazon and I’ve saw a tiny one from GL.iNet, this is a Chinese tech company who offer mostly routers, so, after see the description, specs & features… love at first sight. I can’t believe that a tiny board can accomplish multiple network funtions like: sharing internet, setup Wi-Fi repeaters, create access points and much more. I’ve bought the GL-MT300N-V2 – Mango, there was a previous version of this product but they’ve upgraded it and frankly, it’s amazing. I’ve been using it for a year now (without any complaint) and I want you to know more about this tiny device.
GL-MT300N-V2 (Mango) Main Features
- Powered by MTK 7628NN 580Mhz SoC.
- 300Mbps high speed.
- Small, light, easy to use.
- OpenWrt pre-installed.
- Increased RAM from 64MB to 128 MB.
- Better Wi-Fi with MTK driver.
- Faster OpenVPN encryption.
- 4 GPIOs for more DIY funs.
GL-MT300N-V2 (Mango) Specs
- CPU: MTK 7628NN @580Mhz.
- Memory/Storage: DDR2 128MB/ FLASH 16MB.
- Interfaces: 1 WAN, 1 LAN, 1 USB2.0, 1 micro USB (power), 1 Reset button.
- Frequency: 2.4GHz.
- Transmission rate: 300Mbps.
- Max Tx Power: 20dBm.
- Protocol: 802.11 b/g/n.
- External Storage support: FAT32/EXFAT/EXT4/EXT3/EXT2/NTFS.
- Webcam support: MJPG, YUV.
- DIY features: UART, 4GPIO, 3.3V & 5V power port.
- External antenna support: No.
- Power input: 5V/1A.
- Power consumption: <2.75W.
- Dimension, Weight: 58*58*25mm, 39g.
GL-MT300N-V2 (Mango) Firmwares
This tiny router can work with three different firmwares (one at a time), you can download all of them here. First, there is a clean version, with it you can manage the router through the OpenWrt web admin panel, also there is a Tor firmware to drive all your connections through an anonymous communication protocols and there is a full-featured firmware easy-to-manage through a web admin panel.
I use this router every day since about one year ago, no issue nor problem ever. From time to time I connect my devices through OpenVPN with custom policies, I also tried the Tor firmware a couple of time, works great. I’ve streamed long (more than 1 hour) and heavy (around 4GB) videos files (DVD source) through the USB port, it play them without any lagging on Kodi (Raspberry & Odroid devices). Before my eyes, this tiny board is just perfect, GL.iNet have an amazingly well-supported forum. Lastly, if you have the opportunity to have one of this, buy it without any doubt, on these days these kind of devices are really useful.
Want to know even more about it? Doubts? Leave a comment.
3,270 total views, 4 views today